Follow these 7 Commercial Property Management Blogs for Best Tips and Latest Trends
As iron sharpens iron, there is a lot to learn from others CRE professionals doing what you do well. When it comes to commercial property management, top companies often share their strategies, challenges, and advice on blogs where growing property managers can glean from the best. Follow these seven leading commercial real estate companies and property management experts to stay current and sharp.
- Knowledge Leader by Colliers International covers topics in commercial real estate with loads of current information on office space, market analysis, retail, and technology. Recent posts include U.S. Office Market Remains on Solid Ground and AI in Building Management.
- Cushman & Wakefield continues to lead the industry with one of the largest portfolios under management, according to its company website. Its Global Blog brings expertise from around the world, including posts like The Property Management Evolution and Skills to Thrive in Today’s Property Management World.
- Property Management Insider. This blog covers the many facets of CRE property management, including disaster preparation and recovery, maintenance hiring tips, and industry trends and demographics, to name a few.
- Marcus & Millichap provides a Research Blog, which focuses on developing trends in CRE like Millennial Homeownership Edging Higher, Young Adults Still Favor Apartment Lifestyle and Job Creation Outpaces Expectations: Invigorates Commercial Real Estate Space Demand. In addition, the company has received high praise for its world class research, including the industry favorite National Apartment Index.
- Jones Lang LaSalle Inc. (JLL). Although its website is not set up for a blog, per say, the “Research and Trends” and “News” sections provide all that a great blog could provide. Even better, JLL’s website “Real Views,” functions like a blog on its own, offering insights on trends, places, economy, industries, and opinion pieces. So what if they don’t title it like others in the industry? If it looks like a blog, functions like a blog, then it’s a blog.
- All Property Management runs an excellent blog for real estate of all kinds, including single family, multifamily, HOA, and commercial, and more . Its main function is to connect owners with property managers, but in doing so, it maintains an excellent blog that can be helpful for any commercial property manager.
- IREM (Institute of Real Estate Management) worldwide. According to the company website, The Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM) is an international community of real estate managers dedicated to ethical business practices, maximizing the value of investment real estate, and promoting superior management through education and information sharing. Based on principles like “good management matters,” and “well-managed properties pay dividends in terms of value and in the quality of life for residents, tenant, and customers,” IREM is another good site to follow for industry trends, tips, and resources.